About the event
According to the 2018 PRCA Census, BAME individuals are significantly underpresented throughout the PR and communications industry currently forming only 9% overall and substantially less in senior leadership.
Organised by Dods Parliamentary Communications and partnered by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), Institute of Internal Communication (IoIC), The Content Marketing Association (CMA) and The Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA), BAME in Communications seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to correct this overwhelming imbalance. This unique conference explores the role of BAME people in communications and offers practical advice and coaching on how to develop your career and leadership capabilities in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding BAME leaders in communications.
- Examine the barriers currently facing BAME leaders (and future leaders) in communications and hear how to overcome them
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing BAME people in communications today
- Understand when and how ethnicity plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful BAME individuals negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of BAME people as senior leaders in communications
- Create a lasting network of BAME leaders across the sector who are effecting change in communications
2019 Speakers include:
- Adrian Walcott, Managing Director, Brand with Values and Co-Founder of BAME 2020
- Shamima Begum, Group Manager, Communications, Adobe
- Timothy Armoo, CEO, Fanbytes
- Joanna Blackburn, Head of Digital Communications, BEIS, UK Government
- Reeha Alder, Director of Employee Experience, AmazeRealize
- Harish Bhayani, Senior Partner, PRM Diversity Consultants
Who should attend?
BAME in Communications is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all BAME people across the communications sector.
Registration for the BAME in Communications conference can be made here.
1 Place £295 (+VAT)
4+ Places £250 each (+VAT)
1 Place £695 (+VAT)